At Trailstone we believe in shared success for our investors and our employees. Success is driven by exceptional people working together as a team with a passion for the mission and common values.
Trailstone is a global energy trader and risk manager. Our mission is to play a leading role in facilitating the worldwide transition to renewable power. Our primary business is real-time management of electricity generation assets. Our team of traders, meteorologists, software engineers, risk managers, and data scientists aim to increase the stability of electric grids while minimizing risk for generators of intermittent electricity from wind and solar investments. Trailstone leverages its energy market experience and predictive modelling platform to take and manage financial trading risk in energy markets.
Trailstone operates and develops a platform to trade renewable electricity assets like wind and solar power plants in Europe and North America. Today our robotic, AI & ML-driven real-time order execution manages thousands of renewable electricity assets.
About the Role
The Trailstone IT department is looking for a ETRM Analyst to work in our Houston office. The candidate should have with a strong business analyst background, working within a technology team and leading multiple projects.
This person will be required to deliver projects by collaborating with business users and IT team members. This person will be responsible for:
- Delivering projects and new IT functionality to Trailstone’s front, middle, and back office.
- Working directly with business groups to break down and document current user processes, define future business processes, and gather user requirements.
- Working directly with developers to translate business requirements into technical requirements and functionality.
- Leading small agile teams by providing guidance to developers and business analysts.
- Developing project plans, managing project scope, prioritising requests and proactively resolving issues.
- Communicating and collaborating with business users and IT management, giving regular feedback and updates on projects.
- Providing guidance to business users on how to operate the relevant IT functionality for their area.
- Providing support and guidance to the business teams post the go-live of new areas of functionality; including training, documentation and assistance with hypercare and 3rd line support.
- Extensive knowledge of energy trading and risk management (ETRM) business processes including trade exchange integration, trade capture, trade valuation, confirmations, invoicing, and risk reporting.
- Knowledge of ERCOT power market, : day-ahead and real-time markets, power scheduling, CRR/FTR’s.
- Experience with energy trading and risk management (ETRM) systems, (ideally Endur, but other related experience is acceptable).
- Experience with agile delivery methodologies.
- Experience delivering projects with tight deadlines.
- Experience defining a solution delivery process, creating project work plans, assessing and mitigating project risks, tracking and communicating projects status, and prioritizing and resolving issues.
- Shows ownership and accountability in all aspects of work.
- Collaborative, and able to work independently with limited direction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management skills are critical; having the ability to prioritize tasks and manage expectations.
- Comfortable in a start-up environment with less structure than many banks and large corporations.
- Experience working confidently with database queries, SQL.
- Experience working confidently with MS Tools, including Excel, Visio, Word.
- Experience with Python a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in a technical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, or Information Systems
We’re different, and we like it that way!
Here at Trailstone, we value our differences. In fact, our success depends upon them.
Differences in backgrounds, identities and experiences lead to differing views of the world. Different world views lead to healthy differences in opinions.
Different opinions are essential to creating a robust marketplace of ideas.
And it is our ideas that will make Trailstone a market leader in energy innovation and disruption!
By our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Trailstone is creating value for our employees, our investors, and our communities.
So regardless of your gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, physical limitations, how you identify, how you pray, who you love, where you went to school, who you consider family, or how old you are… you can belong here!