Trailstone is a global energy and technology company, operating at the intersection of renewable and conventional power. We trade energy in global markets, and we provide a best-in-class service to manage the inherent intermittency of renewable power generation across the short, medium and long term.
As an energy trader, we buy and sell electricity and gas which is physically delivered on the grids, and we leverage our physical market knowledge to trade financial commodities.
As a provider of renewable energy management services, we take on the complexity of managing renewable power across different countries so that our customers can focus on their core mission of investment and growth. Trailstone offers an efficient, fully automated front-to-back renewable power management platform underpinned by our long-standing market experience, proprietary technology, data analytics and meteorology.
- Provide comprehensive and timely front-line support of all devices and equipment for the trade floor and office, through to resolution, and following up to ensure satisfaction.
- Diagnose and resolve day-to-day issues in relation to PC, laptop or other devices, determining the nature of the problem and the resources needed to correct.
- Work independently in the London office and as part of the global IT Support team.
- Follow a daily task log to monitor and follow-up on processing issues.
- Effectively record and monitor progress of all issues raised, providing feedback as required, and closing Help Desk tickets accordingly.
- Liaise with other support/development teams to resolve cross system issues and escalate unresolved problems in a timely manner.
- Support desktops, laptops, virtual desktops, Citrix applications, mobile devices, etc. including imaging, rollouts, moves, and updates as needed and troubleshooting.
- Update self-help documents to enable employee to fix problems themselves.
- Provide end user IT disaster recovery assistance as needed.
- On-board new users: set up AD accounts, file and folder access, applications, mailboxes, phone, etc.
- Off-boarding users: terminate AD permissions, applications access, emails, etc. while archiving data per the company’s standard procedures.
- Software installation/patch management, data import/export and system integration, support for general system administration. Responsible for maintaining, managing, and testing disaster recovery for each application as needed.
- Schedule warranty/non-warranty repairs where necessary. Act as liaison between the service vendor and the customer to minimize disruption.
- Work with vendors and employees to identify and implement positive business changes including, but not limited to new technology implementations, file/folder security changes, and application/systems installations.
- Assist with other general office duties in the Berlin office on an ad-hoc basis.
- Provide out of hours coverage as part of an on-call rota.
- Travel as required to other global offices if necessary.
- Extensive experience supporting users face-to-face and remotely in a desktop support setting. Demonstrable experience in a trading or financial services environment is highly desirable but not required.
- Advanced experience working with relevant end-user hardware, Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office and ideally, other Trading applications.
- Substantive working experience in the following technical skillsets:
- Active Directory.
- Windows 7.
- NTFS permissions.
- PC imaging.
- Network printer management & troubleshooting.
- Overall Deskside support.
- Working experience with the following systems is a plus:
- Windows Server.
- Application packaging and deployment.
- Virtual desktops.
- A strong customer service mindset: the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities whilst delivering the best possible service.
- The ability to communicate effectively across different levels, functions, and locations within the business.
- Excellent English language skills.
- The ability to work with discretion and confidentiality.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, both in-person and face-to-face, and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, service personnel, and vendors.
- The ability to handle multiple work streams and priorities at one time, whilst working under pressure and within a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to think logically with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong critical thinking and innovative troubleshooting skills.
- Willingness to work overtime if required and be part of an on-call rotational support team, which may involve working unsociable hours.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science. In the absence of this, an equivalent combination of training and experience will be accepted.
We’re different, and we like it that way!
Here at Trailstone, we value our differences. In fact, our success depends upon them.
Differences in backgrounds, identities and experiences lead to differing views of the world. Different world views lead to healthy differences in opinions.
Different opinions are essential to creating a robust marketplace of ideas.
And it is our ideas that will make Trailstone a market leader in energy innovation and disruption!
By our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Trailstone is creating value for our employees, our investors, and our communities.
So regardless of your gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, physical limitations, how you identify, how you pray, who you love, where you went to school, who you consider family, or how old you are… you can belong here!