Back to careers
SQL Developer Role | Full-Time | On-site with flexibility for hybrid working
About the Role
We are looking for a SQL Developer to join us as we set off on a mission to make clean energy accessible to everyone. As part of the Technology team, this role will work directly with a very hands-on Head of IT Operations and CTO, responsible for growing and leading a globally dispersed team with a diverse skillset. This position will concentrate on SQL development and be the production gatekeeper, responsible for reviewing, tuning and optimizing SQL code, incorporating modern practices.
This will be a full-time role, working closely with development teams to support existing and new SQL code that is implemented in production globally. In addition, this role will own the following responsibilities:
· Work closely with development team to develop high quality database solutions including table structure that supports high rate of change and visualization.
· Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL to create a large-scale trade store and API to retrieve data in a seamless way.
· Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements based on SQL best practices
· Develop stored procedures and scripts for data migration
· Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements
· Implement custom reporting based on user requirements
· Implement flexible and scalable methodologies that can be applied to a broad set of problems across the technology organization.
· Work in coordination with DBA team to review & finalize scripts for production release by DBAs
This person will have a “hands-on” mentality, with strong, hands-on technical expertise in SQL development, as well as the proven ability assist in developing scalable solutions for our clients. In addition, we are looking for somebody with the following:
· Expert level knowledge of SQL Server 2014 or higher, including using developing and performance tuning for very large datasets (VLDBs) and ETL processes.
· Knowledge of using code deployment tools (i.e. – bit-bucket/GIT , SVN, etc)
· Significant experience working in formal engineering environments and deep experience working on SQL Development for large-scale data projects.
· Good knowledge of use Python and C# to retrieve and store large datasets in the most optimal way.
· Deep understanding of and working with technical debt in data systems.
· Extensive experience in developing and implementing large scale data solutions from basic requirements.
· Extensive experience in maintaining key data systems over long periods of time.
· Strong understanding of data integration workflows and related tools (SSIS).
· Basic understanding of SQL Partitioning
· Experience with working with Data Caching layers
· Experience with working with various data models, frameworks and visualization tools.
· Great interpersonal and communication skills
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related technical field
· – or commensurate experience.
· Domain knowledge in the energy sector.
Technology you will get to use:
Working alongside a team of technologists, you will gain expertise in the following domains/sector:
Trailstone is a global energy and technology company, operating at the intersection of renewable and conventional power. We trade energy in global markets, and we provide a best-in-class service to manage the inherent intermittency of renewable power generation across the short, medium and long term.
As an energy trader, we buy and sell electricity and gas which is physically delivered on the grids, and we leverage our physical market knowledge to trade financial commodities.
As a provider of renewable energy management services, we take on the complexity of managing renewable power across different countries so that our customers can focus on their core mission of investment and growth. Trailstone offers an efficient, fully automated front-to-back renewable power management platform underpinned by our long-standing market experience, proprietary technology, data analytics and meteorology.
We’re different, and we like it that way!
Here at Trailstone, we value our differences. In fact, our success depends upon them.
Differences in backgrounds, identities and experiences lead to differing views of the world. Different world views lead to healthy differences in opinions. Different opinions are essential to creating a robust marketplace of ideas. And it is our ideas that will make Trailstone a market leader in energy innovation and disruption!
By our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Trailstone is creating value for our employees, our investors, and our communities.
So regardless of your gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, physical limitations, how you identify, how you pray, who you love, where you went to school, who you consider family, or how old you are… you can belong here!
Apply for position
Apply for position
Apply for position
If you are interested in a career at Trailstone but don’t see a role that suits your background, we want to hear from you! Please feel free to reach out to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org